Monday, June 22, 2009

Joseph Smith Video

Back when Matt and I first started dating our freshman year, we went up to Salt Lake one night with a group of friends to see the new Joseph Smith video at the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was fun to get out of Provo for a few hours. We went to temple square and walked around, but didn't walk around TOO much because it was January. (The Vegas boys didn't do well in the cold ;) Anyways, it was a memorable date.
I can't remember if we held hands or not during the video, but I CAN tell you that I felt so close to the spirit at that time. I KNEW that Joseph Smith was indeed a prophet and restored the gospel in this dispensation. Not only did I know, but I could tell that Matt KNEW and had a powerful testimony of the truth that Joseph Smith restored. It was the first time I had seen him cry or get teary-eyed. And to be quite honest.... THAT was what attracted me most; His Testimony.
Well for Family Home Evening the other night, Matt decided to take me to the movie again. This time just the two of us. We stopped and ate dinner at Crown Burger before hand (which is one of my parent favorite restaurants in Salt Lake that they started going to when they were first married). Yummy! Then headed over to the memorial building. The video still tugs on my heart each time as I think of the sacrifices and hardship Joseph & Emma endured. I left teary-eyed again with a renewed testimony of the Restoration.

Afterwords we walked around temple square a bit and took a few pictures. Sorry they aren't the best.

The video, Joseph Smith The Prophet of the Restoration, is an amazing video if you have not yet had a chance to see it.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that movie too! Temple square is such a special place.

Liesel said...

I just read your entire blog. I love it!! You guys are so in love! It's sweet! Very beautiful weddinng. I'm glad I finally got to see some pictures. It's going to be fun to keep in touch with you this way.

Cameron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kars and linz said...

nat you look so good! i am so happy i found your blog!!!

Erin Camp said...

Kevin wants a new post.